- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of New Hampshire, 1977, cum laude
Master of Education in Counseling, University of New Hampshire, 1984
Juris Doctorate, University of Maine School of Law, 1987, cum laude
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- 2005 Recipient New England Bar Association Significant Achievement Award
- 2007 Recipient Maine State Bar Association Family Law Achievement Award
- Gustafson Family Law was named a Tier 1 firm in Maine for Family Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2014.
- Kristin A. Gustafson has been listed in The Best Lawyers® in America in the specialty of family law
every year since 2009.
- Kristin has attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register, was listed in the Inaugural Edition of the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ in 2011 and was listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ in 2012 and 2013.
Professional Service to the Legal Profession
- Member, Advisory Committee on the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure (2010 to 2016)
- Member, Advisory Committee on the Maine Rules of Professional Conduct (2011 to 2018)
- Vice-Chair, Family Law Advisory Commission (1996-2000)
- Treasurer, Maine State Bar Association (1995-1998)
- Director, New England Bar Association (1996 – 1999)
- Chair, Maine State Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee (1997-2011)
- Member, American Bar Association Judicial Performance Evaluation Committee (2003-2004)
- President, Kennebec County Bar Association (1998-2000)
Continuing Legal Education Seminar Presentations
- MSBA Family Law Institute: Spousal Support, 2000, 2006 and 2011; Marital Property, 2015
- MSBA Legal Year in Review– Family Law, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2005-2012
- Maine Trial Lawyers Assn. The Divorce Trial-2005